Sunday, June 2, 2013

Inside Out Cabbage Rolls

So...I love cabbage!!!! I don't know why, and I hope you don't judge me for it. If you do judge me for it, that's okay...I'll love it anyway.  So, this is super easy and it makes a lot.  If you haven't noticed I like having left overs because I am far too busy to make a different lunch for work everyday. In the words of that woman from tv---aint nobody got time for dat!

And..by the way...ITS AMAZING

What you'll need..

Ingredients:
  1. One Head Cabbage
  2. One Small Onion
  3. 2 Garlic Cloves
  4. One Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  5.  1/2-2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
  6. Large Diced Tomato (or two small cans)
  7. Tomato Sauce (any brand, this is just what I bought because it was resealable)
The directions are so simple.  Have you noticed I like things you can make in one pot and move on from?  Maybe you make it, let it cook, and clean your house while your waiting. I am not saying I do that, but hey you have the time : ).   Maybe I should start...

Anyway..let's get down to business.

  1. Heat olive oil on medium heat in nonstick cooking pot...has to be pretty large to fit all the ingredients. I used what I'd call my Sunday sauce pot.
  2.  Dice onions and garlic. saute in oil 1-2 minutes or until they turn translucent--like this


3.  Once translucent throw ground beef on top and break up with spoon or spatula. It will look like this: 
4. Cook 5-6 minutes on high-medium heat until the meat turns brown.  Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
5.  Once the meat is no longer pink mix in the diced tomato and at least 1/2 of the sauce.
It kind of looks like chilly, but it's not.
6. While the sauce is cooking, 3-4 minutes, dice the cabbage, removing the core. Cut into 4-5 big chunks, don't worry about the size. It will fall apart anyway as it cooks. Like this:
7. Throw in the sauce, stir, and cover.

 Try to mix in as best as you can. As it cooks it will wilt and mix in anyway.
Let cook on medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and then!!!!
 BAM


 
Seriously, make this one. I'm not kidding. Go to the store. Get moving. GOOOOO

2 comments:

  1. Oh I see! That looks easy I was afraid there would be rolling of cabbage. Ill try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rolling my friend, no rolling

    ReplyDelete