Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Asian Slaw-----you'll eat it on everything

Seriously, you are going to eat this stuff like crack.  The recipe makes a lot--but it can go on everything. I use it as a side dish, on wraps, as a salad, etc.  Keep this one because we will be remixing it next week.  I recommend having it with a broiled cod with lemon and butter.  It's like fish tacos, without the carbohydrates of the tortilla wrap.

I am on a hunt for gluten free wraps because I plan to make chicken and Asian slaw wraps all this week for lunch.  Stop judging me--I can't make more than two lunches a week,  my schedule doesn't allow for it.  By my schedule I mean I recently started watching Hemlock Grove, a netflix series, and I've become mildly obsessed.  I have to get through season 1--which means a lot of remixing this recipe will be happening!

Anyway, let's get to down to brass tacks--I hate when bloggers ramble.

Last side note, my pictures will never look like they came from a photo shoot--because they came from my kitchen.  As I make, I take pictures. If your looking for fancy schmancy look elsewhere because like I said--I keeps it real!

What you'll need:
  1. 3 Cloves Garlic
  2. 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
  3. 1/4 cup sesame oil
  4. 1/3 cup rice vinegar (I used Kikkoman plain)
  5. 1/2 cup soy sauce
  6. 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  7. 3 tablespoons honey
  8. 1/4 cup water
  9. 1 1/2 bag Cole Slaw mix (I used Dole)
Seriously, this is simple.  I know some of the ingredients are expensive but they will last a long while and are versitile.  The ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce can be used in a stir fry.  If you play your cards right, I'll make a tofu noodle stir fry with the cabbage slaw and chicken : )

Directions:
  1. Mince garlic and ginger root.   This is the part that takes the longest because you want relatively small mincing action going on:







2. Take first 8 ingredients and put into a bowl--like so: 











Seriously, do you even need pictures?

3. Whisk--now this picture is just silly













4.  Pour over cabbage in another bowl...mix up with tongs.  This picture is by far the silliest of all


















Okay, no more pictures.  Cover and let sit atleast one hour in refrigerator. I refridgerate overnight so the dressing melds well.  You can also use this dressing as a marniade for chicken or steak.  In a wrap add slivered almonds, crushed peanuts, or chow mien noodles to add a little crunch!

Will keep at least 5 days, so if you plan to eat it less than me make less.  I eat it about everyday, just in a different way each day.  Didn't I say the other day I loved cabbage?  Big dealio.

No comments:

Post a Comment