Stuffed Pepper Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 1/2 pound 80/20 ground beef (you can use organic or 90/10, if your rich)
3 small green peppers, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
28 ounce can of diced tomato
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes
salt, pepper for seasoning
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
1. Heat a nonstick pot over medium high heat.
2. Add ground beef and allow to cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. While the meat is cooking, dice all of your veggies.
4. Drain fat from meat, reserving about 2 tsp in the pan.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add onions and garlic, allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
11. Cover and allow to cook for 45 minutes.
12. Serve with brown rice or quinoa---additionally add cheese if you are not paleo and like cheese. If you don't like cheese, you are the equivalent of Satan.