Lemon Parsley Salmon over Lemon Butter String Beans
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 lbs wild caught salmon
1/4 cup fresh parsley
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon, divided in halves
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 lbs fresh string beans
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and move the rack as close to the top of the oven as possible.
2. While the oven is preheating cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the salmon skin side down on the aluminum foil and dry top well with paper towels.
4. Once the salmon is dry sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the skin from the garlic and cut into thirds to make it easier for processing.
5. Put garlic and parsley in food processor and Pulse on high until well incorporated.
6. Into the food processor add red pepper flakes, panko bread crumbs, lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, and one tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse until well incorporated.
7. Press mixture into the salmon
8. Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil
9. Once your oven is at 400 degrees place salmon on top rack for 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
10. While the salmon is cooking bring enough water to a boil to cover the string beans.
11. Remove ends and stems of string beans and place in boiling water for 3 minutes or until they turn bright green. Drain and return to pot.
12. Squeeze in other half of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
13. Remove salmon and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Once rested use a spatula to remove the salmon skin which should slid off easily.
14. Cut in half (if using one big filet) and serve each serving over the divided string beans.