If you don't really like Spicy omit the Chile Peppers in Adobo.
Slow Cooker 5 Alarm White Bean Chicken Chili
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
1 Can Canellini Beans
1 Can Sweet Corn
1 Can Other Small White Beans
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Small White Onion
1 tbsp good olive oil
1 Can Chile Peppers in Adobo
1 package chicken thighs
1 half package lean ground turkey
8 corn tortillas, ripped into small piece
8 cups Chicken Stock (I use my own homemade stock)
Salt and Pepper for cooking
1/2 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1. Dice the green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Heat a saute pan over medium high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place diced veggies in pan.
2. Open can of Chiles in Adobe and pour the sauce into the crockpot. Dice the Chiles and throw into the saute pan.
3. Place chili powder and paprika into the veggies and saute everything for 5-6 minutes until translucent and fragrant.
3. Drain and rinse canned beans and corn.
4. Place chicken thighs on the bottom of the crock pot, season with salt and pepper.
5. Crumble up raw turkey and place on top of chicken on the bottom of a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. (Okay, here is the great debate over salt in food. I don't believe you should smother after it's done with salt, however---cooking with salt is vital. Salt while cooking won't add salty flavor, but will enhance the flavor of the chicken and veggies.
6. Pour beans and corn from strainer on top of chicken.
7. Pour contents of saute pan in slow cooker.
8. Pour in 8 cups of chicken stock.
9. Throw in ripped up corn tortillas (this will thicken the sauce and dissolve as this cooks slowly).
10. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. After 6 hours poke around in there with a large spoon to break up chicken and turkey!
Remember, men love it Cincinnati Style!