Monday, August 19, 2013

Strengthing Your Weaknesses

So, I pride myself on being a simple woman.  I like simple things, and dislike some simple things just as equally.

Here are some things I love that are simple:

1. Craft Beers
2. Cooking
3. Clean Sheets and a Clean bathtub
4.  Law and Order SVU Marathons

Here are things I dislike that are simple:

1. Putting away clean clothes, clean dishes, and Using the vacuum (why do I ALWAYS get tangled in the cord?)
2.SPELLING ANY WORD THAT IS LONGER THAN 6 LETTERS
3.  When the GPS says "rerouting"....BEOTCH I DID WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO, WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ME!!!!!
4. RUNNING

Today, I want to focus on running because I dislike it so greatly.  You may be asking yourself, why do I hate it?  I hate that it happens.  I am inherently slow at running.  Why? I don't know.  Maybe God wants me to be caught by the Zombies.  I am not 100% on that but the way my sister puts it--you don't have to be fastest, but you can't be the slowest.  So true--I depend on the fact that when the Zombies do come my roommate is a slower runner than me.  God, I hope but he may just surprise me.

I cannot stand running.  I am slow.   I want to be fast.  But, my brain says "Elyse, you are slow. Deal with it"  I was really upset about that for awhile.  Sometimes in a WOD I am the strongest person in class, but the slowest. So, I always take so long to do the running part.  The weight in the WOD may be really light for me and I can bang out reps like nobody's business, then I run.  UGHHHHHHHH.  If it's a segmented workout like:
25 65lb Thursters
 25 Wallballs
400 m run
20 65lb Thursters
20 Wallballs
400m run---
repeat repeat you get the idea (I made this WOD up, it ain't real)

I will kill the beginning, then my slow little legs run at the pace of a  confused rhino.  Rhino's may be fast, I am not sure. I can't think of a slow animal besides a tortoise.  But, I couldn't use tortoise.  It's to expected.  I pride myself on being an innovator-- saying tortoise is not innovation on my part (I can't spell tortoise).

So, today, after I got on the scale (Week 2 of 3 Week Challenge) and said the F word a lot to myself I pulled my shit together and got dressed to go running.   What happened to my scale, did it break overnight?  Possibly.  There is no way it's right because I've been eating like I have been supposed to--mostly :)--for a week.  Not that I didn't lose weight, but I didn't lose 10 lbs in one week.  Which is unrealistic, I know, but I live in a fantasy world if you didn't notice.

So, I ran about 3 1/2 miles in my neighborhood.  I ran a 12 minute 30 second mile, on average. SLOW I TELL YA!! I have made a personal commitment myself to better that.  I plan to TRY and run everyday this week and improve my time.  I'd like to be able to report soon that I've improved that.  If your in Woodbury you may see me running--this is probably what it will look like..


No comments:

Post a Comment