Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Clean Sesame Chicken

You didn't think I was going to leave you hanging with all that chicken left over from the stock right?  Don't worry, I didn't.  This recipe can be done with left over chicken, chicken breast, or thighs/bone in breast your roast off in the over (lay chicken flat on a sheet pan, coat with good evvo, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper divided over all.  Roast bone in chicken on 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.  Let cool, pick off chicken--discard skin and bones).

My sister put this on my facebook wall and I decided to try it with all of my chicken.  The only problem was, and no offense, but it tasted like hot sweet water.  I had to switch that ish up a little bit--no one wants hot wants hot water.

See...NONE OF THAT CHICKEN WILL GO TO WASTE!  A 7lb chicken will produce about 6-8 cups of chicken you can use in other ways.  See, I need to do something different with the chicken.  For awhile I tried to make meals and freeze them and decided--I dislike eating frozen meals very much.  So, I would end up throwing all my meals away.  What do I do now?  I freeze the essentials like tons of stocks and sauces and if I need them they make for a quick meal.  Seriously, try it. My freezer is like a power house.  I have chicken stock, fire roasted tomato sauce with basil, regular tomato sauce,  and pesto.  I can just take them out of the freezer for anything I'd like to make. and BAMMMM CLEAN DINNER SERVED.  You like it when I say bam don't you?


Clean Sesame Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3-4


Ingredients:
1. 4 cups of cooked chicken
2. 1 cup of broccoli (if you like broccoli)
3. 1 cup of cauliflower (if you like cauliflower)
4.  1/3 cup honey
5. 1/3 cup sesame seeds (toasted)
6. 3 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
This is my preferred brand, but you can find the one you like.  It's a bit pricey--$8.00 mostly.  However, this one bottle has served over 15 dinners.  Also--it's so damn yummy.
7.  3/4 cup chicken stock for chicken
8. 3/4 cup chicken stock for vegetables
9. 1 tbsp salt
10. 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes, or to taste.
11.  3 tbsp soy sauce


 This is really what you will need for your sauce.  The soy sauce is tangy, the honey and sesame oil are sweet.  Match made in heaven.

Directions:
1. Begin making the brown rice according to the package directions. 
Are you asking yourself, why does she have 2 cups of brown rice there?  Well, remember I told you my freezer is a power house?  I will eat 3/4 cups of brown rice, and freeze the rest into little zip locks with 3/4 cups in each.  Power house. Done.
2.Dice vegetables and place in saute pan with 3/4 cup chicken stock.  Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes to steam the vegetables.  




3.  Remove vegetables and set aside.
4. Place remaining chicken stock, Sesame Oil,  Soy Sauce, and honey in the same saute pan and whisk well.  Turn the burner onto Medium High Heat and add the precooked diced or shredded chicken.  Stir coating the chicken in the sauce.
5. Place sesame seeds in a small pot over Medium heat and toast, stirring frequently. WATCH THEM SUCKERS, THEY WILL BURN. It will only take 1-2 minutes.
6. Place vegetables and sesame seeds in the pan with the chicken, stirring well. 

7. Let saute 5 more minutes and add Red Pepper Flakes and Salt to taste.
8.  Place on a plate with 3/4 cup of brown rice, pour 1 tsp Sesame Oil over top to add extra taste---DELICIOUS IDEA.

SERVE
You may never need to order Chinese Take Out again. Unless, like me, you are fiend for Wonton Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment