Monday, May 19, 2014

BBQ Pot Roast Tacos with Cilantro

     I love tacos.  All kinds of tacos.  When I came up with this little genius recipe,  the sky opened up and a single ray of sunshine beamed right on my genius head.    

     So,  let's get real.  I prep my meals for the week mostly on Sunday or Monday night, depending on my sched (what a dumb abrev).  I've found if I try to eat the same exact thing I will find every excuse to not eat it on the third day.  I also have a weird thing with old food.  I cannot eat something that has been in the fridge for 3 days.  Skeeves me.  However, if you put said 3 day food in a taco,  I'll eat it faster then you can put it on the plate.  I actually don't even need a plate to eat a taco.  I'd eat it from a paper towel,  napkin,  someone else's hand...etc.

     With that being said,  the BBQ Pot Roast Taco was born.  I made pot roast with sweet potatoes for the week,  but I took some of the meat out and shredded it.  I put it in a separate container in the fridge.    I had no idea what my plan was for this meat yet,  but on Friday in desperation for a meal I came up with it.   You can purchase pre-made pot roast at the super market, or you can find a recipe and make it in the crock pot like I did.  Hope you enjoy.

Ps...I find everything becomes amazing with Cilantro.

BBQ Pot Roast Tacos with Cilantro
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time:  7 minutes
Serves: 1 (because I am single and alone, with no cats)



Ingredients
3 ounces cooked pot roast, shreeded
2 tortillas of choice,  I used corn
1/4 cup of shredded cheese of choice
3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, divided
1/2 cup fresh leaf spinach
2 tbsp BBQ sauce of choice
Spray cooking oil of choice


Directions:
1.  Heat a pan over high heat with a quick spray of your spray oil.
2.  While pan is heating,  place 3 ounces of pot roast in the microwave with 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce of choice mixed in.  Microwave for about 2 minutes,  if your pot roast is cold. 
3.  Once the pan is hot place 2 tortillas of choice in pan to brown.  Spray another quick spray of the cooking oil on the top of the tortillas.
4.  Watch the tortillas closely so they don't burn, and cook on each side about 1 1/2-2 minutes.
5. Once pot roast is microwaved and feels warm mix cheese in with pot roast.
6.  Once tortillas are browned place on a plate.  Top with some of the spinach,  and some of the pot roast.
7. Garnish with cilantro.
8.  Eat like an animal standing up leaning over the counter (this is what I did anyway).




 




No comments:

Post a Comment