Quick, clean, and Paleo.
Tip: I assembly the chicken in the crockpot the night before because it's quick and I have the time. That way in the morning all I do is put it in the bottom and turn it on low.
Paleo Ropa Vieja with Cauliflower Cuban Rice
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 7 1/2 hours
Ingredients for Chicken:
1lb (or 5-6 pieces) of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp Thyme
2 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Salt
5-6 garlic cloves
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 bay leaf
1 4ounce can tomato sauce
1 8 ounce can diced tomatoes
Ingredients for Rice
6 pieces of bacon
1 head Cauliflower
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt and pepper
1 6 ounce can tomato sauce
1. I used a mandolin and slices my vegetables thin. Line the bottom of your crockpot with the vegetables.
3. Put one peeled whole garlic clove in each piece of chicken.
7. Place lid on and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Shred with tongs or two forks.
When the chicken is a half and hour from being done make your "rice".
1. Cut the head of cauliflower into small chunks--while cutting up your caluiflower begin cooking your bacon.
4. Place rice into pan with bacon grease and saute for one-two minutes.
8. Cover for 30 minutes over medium heat.