Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shopping List for 2 Weeks of Paleo

I am giving you your shopping list now for next week.  I will write you the recipes on Saturday or Sunday.

Now, when reading this you may think---That's Paleo?  I have read so many articles and what I've concluded is: NO ONE can agree one what is and what isn't paleo.  Sure things like pizza and ice cream are definitely not paleo.  However, some websites suggests things like vinegar are not paleo, while others maintain that they are.  Take everything with a grain of salt.  I really like the blog  by Mark's Daily Apple. I suggest you google it.

Shopping List

Meat

1- 1 1/2 of Chicken Breast or 3 chicken breasts (organic, humanely raised)
3 Salmon Filets (NOT FARM RAISED...why not? "FARM" could be a small tank they all live in.  If they all live in this small tank then guess what they are eating--each other's poop.  That means, the fish you are eating probably ate 500 other fishes waste)
1lb Bacon
1lb Grass fed Ground Meat

Vegetables 
 
1-2 bag of baby spinach (I recommend 2 because the one recipe I am posting will go great with some spinach under it as a salad)

1 head of Savoy Cabbage
1 bag baby carrots
1 Package Celery
2 White Onions 
1 Red Onion
1 Whole Butternut Squash (Wegmans sells it precut, a little more expensive but a huge time saver)
1 Sleeve of Garlic (will take you through both weeks)

3 Shallots
2 Lemons

Fruit 
2 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp raisins 

Spices

1 bunch Fresh Dill
Parsley (can be dried)
Basil (can be dried)
Garlic Powder
Oregano (can be dried)
Sea Salt (for both weeks)
Chile Powder (you will need this spice for both weeks)
 
Condiments

Maple Syrup
Vinegar (either balsamic or red wine)
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil


Canned

1 16 oz Can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes 
1 28 ox- 32 oz Can 


Okay okay, so this seems like a lot right? It's really not because I am going to guarantee you have more than half of it in your house. For instance, you probably have more than half of the spices, the garlic, and vinegar of choice.  I think, right?

Optional 

2 Hass Avacado
1 8 ounce can of Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomato
1 Small White Onion
1 Lemon

The above that I am saying is optional is for a Paleo Guacamole I will be posting.  Since you will be repeating some of the recipes, it will be necessary to switch up something slight about them.  For instance, the guacamole will go great on top of the butternut squash salad.  You can also add one of the pieces of salmon to this recipe to make a more complete dinner.



OK OKAY A LOT OF INFORMATION RIGHT?  Don't fret. I am just as worried as you.  The recipes will be great and delicious...AND EASY.  The one meal is a crockpot meal that you can prepare the night before and plug in in the morning.  If you are cooking for a family I suggest you look at the recipes Saturday and double the ones you want.  All of the recipes I am cooking will actually become 3 meals, but I am going to show you how to eat them in different ways.  

This is enough food to get you 13 meals, which is enough for lunch and dinner Monday-Sunday, with the exception of a meal you should prepare yourself  or have out (14 would be all of the meals).  Breakfast you are on your own...try a green smoothie-- I will post the details of what I put in that. I drink one every morning.  Or eat an egg with franks red hot sauce, some bacon and an egg, etc. etc. etc. Just don't eat anything prepared or with sugar.

Green Smoothie
1 cup baby spinage
1 cup fruit of choice (peach, pear, frozen tropical fruit)
1/4 cup  COLD water
1 tbsp chia seeds

Directions:
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or NutraBullet.  Blend well until smooth. Enjoy :)

Don't be overwhelmed, you have until Monday to get your ingredients. Do what I do, call your mom and ask her if she has a spice you need...moms always have everything, right?

 



 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment