Monday, October 14, 2013

2 Weeks of Paleo

Hello ALL!  I've decided to embark on two weeks of Paleo.  I tried this once before for a bet--but I was so ill prepared. I literally said I can do that chump! But had absolutely no food in the house to eat on Day 1. I think, a lot of you might want to try like me but are so under prepared.  So..my solution is to let me do the planning, you do the eating--and do your own shopping, I'm not rich!

The 2 Weeks of Paleo will begin Monday October 21st

I will post 4 recipes the Saturday before, as well as a shopping list.  All you will need to do is go food shopping on Saturday or Sunday with the list I am making for you.  Then plan when you will eat what meals, and cook them the days you want.  Side note which I will discuss later--- each recipe will yield 2-3 servings so keep that in mind you because you probably won't need to cook every single day.  Another plus!

  I will also post tips and some informative information for you to read from some Paleo Experts. 


Schedule
I will not tell you when or how to eat the meals, that's up to you.  I also will post some things you could eat as a snack, but snacks will be up to you.  There will also be no eating schedule.  You should eat when your hungry, not when the clock says to.  I encourage snacks when your hungry, but don't eat them for just the sake of eating.

My day might look like:

Monday
Breakfast--Green Smoothie with Pear
Snack--almonds (if I need a snack)
Lunch-- 6 ounces of white meat tuna over baby spinach with red wine vinegar
Snack---Apple or Grapes
Dinner--- 6 ounces of grilled chicken with spinach pesto

Tuesday
Green Smoothie with Peach
Snack--carrots with Paleo Gucamole
Lunch  grilled chicken with spinach pesto
snack--almonds
Dinner  Broiled Cod with Roasted Broccoli

So on and so forth.  I just have a green smoothie there because I generally drink one lately every morning. I don't know why, I just like them.  It's a good way to get fiber without a ton of calories.

Recipes
Maybe you are thinking, wait she is only posting 4 recipes that won't get me through the week.  Untrue. The recipes I will post for you will each yield 2-3 meals.  So for instance, this little gem for week 1 is Paleo Chicken and Box Choy....

The above recipes makes two meals--so a dinner and a lunch or two dinners or two lunches--you get the idea.  4 recipes should take you well through an entire week.  It also has enough variety where you won't get bored. If you make Paleo Chicken and Bok Choy on Tuesday you could eat it for dinner on Tuesday then not eat it again until lunch on Thursday. 

The recipes will also be short, sweet, simple, and delicious.  There will be no crazy ingredients you cannot find or much searching in the grocery store period.  A lot of it I guarantee (if you know how to cook) you will already have in your home.   The recipes will call for things like---ground ginger (easy to buy in the spice aisle), sesame oil (not cheap but goes a long way), apple cider vinegar,  garlic, onions, chicken, fish, etc.  If your thinking---wait lady you just posted Bok Choy!! You should know Bok Choy is making it's world wide debut lately.  It's an awesome vegetable and can be found in almost any grocery store--as a matter of fact it's with the asparagus in your local  Shop Rite.



You have one week from today to plan snacks, read up about paleo, and decide if you are interested!  I assure you, you really have nothing to lose.  You can comment on here if you plan to join in, or you can email me at e.giordano86@gmail.com 


Here is really a great resource for the Matrix of Paleo Foods--this one is limited, but it gives you an idea.
http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thePaleoSolution_FoodMatrix.pdf

This beginners guide is funny and helpful--
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/



Really, I am asking you to join me.  I am doing all of the work, so really, ask yourself---WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?

No comments:

Post a Comment