Tuesday, May 28, 2013

From there to here....

So, let's talk about how I got here.  About 2 years ago I started my fitness journey after being on the Depoprovera shot (tmi?) and seeing a picture of myself where my face was so big you could have popped it with a pin.   So, I got a personal trainer and lost about 40 pounds.  Then, my friend opened a crossfit gym. I didn't know it then, but my life would change forever.  I talk about it, I think about it, I text about it, and I sometimes dream about it (weird..I know).  But, I have not fully committed myself to being a beast, but today I will.  I am creating this blog so whomever reads it can hold me accountable for what I do, eat, and exercise. 

Let's talk about the name of my blog.  I named it the Unexpected Crossfitter because I am by no means in the peak of healthy athletic shape.  I have muscles, don't get me wrong,  they are just hidden well under a layer of chub.  I prefer chub because fat seems too permanent.  Atleast chub makes me sound cute.   I can beast and throw some weights around, but my definition is way off.  I wanted to create this blog so anyone interested in crossfit believes they too can do it, even if they don't look like a Wodshop Model.   I want people to be inspired to get out and do something...and I want people to push me when I don't feel like it.

So stayed tuned..I'll talk crossfit, recipes, and the stressors which cause everyone to drink and over indulge.  I have some great friends who are pushing me through and I hope that when in 365 I can post a picture of the new, healthier me. 


1 comment: