Roasted Eggplant and Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes (approximately)
Three large eggplants
Eight onions a mix of Red onion and white onion
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
One large garlic bulb
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
You will need: Five greased baking sheets
1. Cut the eggplant into rings.
2. Spread out on three baking sheets.
3. Sprinkle salt all over each eggplant ring.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°
5. Cut all of the onions into rings and spread out on the remaining baking sheets
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper cover with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
7. Take the garlic bulb and remove any excess paper
8. Place on top of a small square of tinfoil
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil
10. Close before oil into a ball around the garlic bulb
11. Place the tinfoil ball on one of the onion sheets
12. Place both pans of onions in the oven
13. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until translucent
14. Remove the onion pans and set aside
15. Dab all of the eggplant rings with a paper towel to remove excess water and excess salt
16. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil on each pan covering the eggplant
17. Place in the oven for one hour turning over each plant ring after 30 minutes
18. Remove from oven and mix with onions and a bowl, mix in desired amount of red pepper flakes for spiciness (or don't
19. Remove the garlic and squeeze out the garlic
20. Smash the garlic and add into the onion and eggplant making sure its well incorporated.
Serve as a side or as a meal over rice