Cod fluctuates when it goes on sale in super markets. If it's $8.99 a pound at Shop Rite, then it's $5.99 at ACME. Then, it will flop. The next week it will be $5.99 at Shop Rite and $8.99 or so at ACME. Get it when it's on sale. Cod is a rather bland fish, so you need to jazzzzzzieeee it up. Don't hold back with spices for cod, go all festival food on it. You know, get jazzzzzyyyyy with it.
When I was a kid, my dad rarely served fish. We sometimes had nights where he'd get fried shrimp from the local fish monger (what's that even mean?) and we'd chow down on those bad boys. When he did make fish, it was cod or flounder. And it was made almost exactly like this.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
1 pound Cod, or other light white fish
1 whole lemon, jucied
1 1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (I prefer McCormick or Mrs. Dash)
1 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tbsp butter, divided
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Turn your oven onto broil, on high.
2. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil, for easy clean up.
3. Completely dry your cod with paper towels.
4. Juice one whole lemon over the cod once it's on the baking sheet.
5. Mix paprika, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper pinches in a bowl.
6. Season entire fish.
7. Cut butter into chunks and spread out on top of fish at various locations.
8. Broil for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with lemon and serve :)