Cold Clean Couscous Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes (Couscous)
Serves: 8-10(depending on how served)
- Pine Nut Couscous
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Sweet White Corn
- 1 8 oz Can Diced Tomato with Green Chilies
- 1 Can Chick Peas
- 1 Handful Fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 14/ Cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 Avacado
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Clove Garlic
- Drain all canned beans into a strainer and rinse well.
- Pour diced tomatoes on top and rinse well (you do not need the juice it is canned in)
- Allow what is in the strainer to sit and dry well (remember oil does not stick to water!!)
- Cook Couscous according to package directions and let cool.
- Place your beans and tomatoes in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Dice 1/2 one red onion and one red onion. Place in bowl with beans and tomato.
- To make the dressing: chop one garlic clove and one handful of cilantro and place into a separate bowl.
- Add olive oil and lime juice, whisk well.
- Add the cooled couscous to your salad and pour over the dressing. Stir well/
- Lastly, dice the avocado and place into the salad as well. Mix gently as to not break up the avocado.
Serve on it's on as a side or over a salad. Delicious and beautifully colored. Will sure to please your guests.